Thursday, September 26, 2019
Abbey Road turns 50 today. Wow!  It really is music that’s so good it can rock on in any decade.

I didn’t grow up listening to The Beatles albums in a traditional sense. It was all bits and pieces of their best work displayed here or there. I’ve never owned any of their albums actually. Sorry but Michael Jackson was not going to make any money from me for backstabbing Paul. 

Anyway, by high school I had these collaged mixes and that really is one of my favorite ways to listen to them with all their albums scrambled and mixed together. The only album I can respectably listen to from start to end is Abbey Road. The composition and the memories behind it make it my favorite Beatles album. 

I tried earlier this year to rank their albums to find my favorite and I really couldn’t. But for all the contenders, there wasn’t another album as strong as Abbey Road in my eyes. It has so many different types of Beatles songs. It has that ongoing ending because you never really want a Beatles album to end. It has classic songs from all four Beatles. And also Oh! Darling was the first Beatles song that I could get stuck in my head and would willingly sing aloud in public, without the actual recording playing to drown me out. 

So anyway, celebrate 50 years of aging gracefully by listening to the album from start to finish!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 9:03 PM |

0 Comments: