Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I went to my polling location today and did a little happy dance. There was absolutely no line! I walked in, I cast my ballot, I voted.

After I moved to Georgia, all I wanted was to move back to DC. Eh, and maybe to seem cool and fit in. Every birthday wish was to move back to Virginia. When the phone was for me, I hoped it was one of my friends from home. Middle school was the worst. By high school I realized that I liked living in Georgia a lot more. I never admitted it to anyone, but I was more content. With the weather, with my family, with the town I lived in.

But from whatever age I developed an interest in voting, I've known one thing will always aggravate me about Georgia. No, not the humidity, because let's face it, it's my number 1 fall back excuse. (Hair looks like crap? It's the humidity, not that I didn't do anything to it, etc etc) What aggravates me the most is that when I vote with my party, in Georgia, it's just a wasted vote. Every once and a while I'll see my party win something small, but when do I get to contribute to it winning something big?

At the same, every person I voted for who wasn't in my party? Oh yeah, they made it.
posted by Songs of Love at 10:48 PM |

0 Comments: