Saturday, November 15, 2008
Neutral Milk Hotel, newest obsession.

The book I'm reading has just presented the situation where the narrator is in New York on 9/11. I can't read it. Now all of a sudden I know who I am and where I am in this story. I'm a little girl in Georgia hearing rumors in the hall. No one will tell me the truth while all my teachers cry. I'm at home and death and destruction are all that I can find on the TV. The poster on my math teacher's door. The flags on people's cars.

I can't pick the book back up. Instead I turned to Neutral Milk Hotel and thought about a horrifying event that I wasn't alive during. Holland, 1945 and Anne Frank, her sister too.

I try to preserve my childhood with The King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1 and I feel a little better. I have no happy place that I go to. I let my feelings soak and sink in as I try to drown out my thoughts with music.

Red asked me to make a list.
5 Memories I Want to Always Remember.

1. The day Pap Pap saw my heart and kissed my tattoo. Also the day he saw my tattoo and kissed my heart.

2. My first Kings of Leon concert with 2 of my closest friends. Best gift I could have given them for a Sweet 16.

3. The smell and the feel of being in the dark room and making magic happen.

4. Jennifer. The way she always kept my feet warm when she cuddled up next to me on the couch or when she slept between my legs at night and kicked me with her paws if she was having nightmares. Her doggy smile. The pain that came with losing her.

5. Getting the phone call that I had won at my school level and at county for the PTA's Reflections program.

+1 for good measure:
The cute awkward conversation that established one of my best friendhoods.
posted by Songs of Love at 12:49 AM |

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
List of Five
1. He played the viola for two years but hasn't picked it up since.
2. He's a big fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers, DMB, and Incubus.
3. He's a quarter Spanish and a quarter Cuban, and a whole half American.
4. I think he might have a 6th sense when it comes to seeing in the darkness.
5. his dad is such a good cook, he thinks he's gonna open up a restaurant

Give me one more date extension and maybe the list will get better...

lovelovelove