Monday, November 10, 2008
"Well don't stop calling, you're the reason I love losing sleep."

Red's favorite Manchie song is Sleeper 1972. Mine is Colly Strings.

In fact, it was September of last year that I spent a day with I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child on repeat and a camera in my hand. It was back when I was too shy to ask any of my friends to model for me but was too passionate to let ideas go to waste. I took a set and named it Partial Focus. I named each picture after Manchester lyrics, mostly Colly Strings. I've only ever shared one with anyone else.

It has a funny story behind it involving lamps and blood and roommate arguments, but it's no big deal anymore.

Last night I had a break through and started working on one of my stories again. The ideas keep coming and I feel as if I'm me again.

To celebrate, Lindsay and I went to the "lake" in my neighborhood and she posed for me. I'm almost out of film, which means it's time to change things up and buy color film. I can't wait to see color in my work.

The best part of today was saying something funny enough to make her laugh and capturing it on film. Now all I want to do is develop. Somebody please, find me a dark room!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 10:34 PM |

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Oh I still soooooooo want to see those. I want to sing Supermodel by Jill Sobule (correct? I'm not sure) Clueless style with you and see if we would ever (EVER?) be America's Next Top Pretentious Model. Somehow I think I colossally fail. :-)