Thursday, December 16, 2010
Thankfully my mom is going to be fine but I'm nearly packed for home already. She slipped on the ice and I thought she might have broken her hip but thankfully it's just bruised. I was so scared when my Dad called me about it tonight. All I wanted to do was to go home and take care of her. Every time I've called her struggling with my current predicament, she's been nothing but supportive. She even came up over the weekend when I really needed her and bought me soup, played with my hair, and watched a silly movie with me. She even tried to buy me clothes to cheer me up. All I want to do is do the same for her.

I think that's something that's been really hard for me. My parents taught me to work hard for what I want and to not give up on what I love. All I want is to problem solve and fix things. But that is really hard to do when you're trying to give someone space and when you're trying to take some space. I need time but I want time to move faster for me.

Still, when everything happened with Fitz this week and then with my mom I just wanted to talk to him about it. That's to be expected. It just takes so much resistance to not try talking to him at night.
posted by Songs of Love at 1:45 AM |

0 Comments: