Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Time keeps on slipping by. Days cross themselves out before I remember to write the date on my notes. I'm supposed to have more time before graduation but it's all come and gone. Tomorrow is the one month mark. I could puke. These days I can't even make up some sarcastic remark to say when people ask if I'm excited about graduation or what my plans are. All that comes out of my mouth is a garbled mess and the smile I try on doesn't quite make it to my eyes, but I suppose the twitch in my cheeks has been pretty entertaining. This is one of those weeks where you can read it all on my face.

Only real benefits I've been having: Whenever I go to bed intoxicated I dream of celebrities who for some incomprehensible reason have the hots for me. First Jared Followill was seductively biting my ear. Then I met Heath Ledger at a party and no matter how hard I tried to shake him off he still seemed really interested in me and we ended up going on a mystery adventure. Last Thursday I was taunting and teasing Alex Greenwald. Unfortunately even though dream Jillian is becoming a seductive temptress, she also keeps being chased by killers. It makes me glad dreams don't come true. As much as I would like to have a better love life, I don't think I'd have a high survival rate.

The Random Facts I'm Concerned With These Days:
1 - Fitz has an aggressive side that comes out when we're cuddling. I have a painful laceration on my arm from where he bit me tonight. What's worse is when it hurts I want to hold him and snuggle but he's still nippy.
2 - I have 2 term papers due at the end of April and one due in May. I only know the length of two of them, which has me at a current total of anywhere between 18 and 25 pages of term paper grossness.
3 - One of the prose poems I submitted to Stillpoint Literary Magazine was chosen and they will be publishing it in this year's issue. I will officially be published, which is not that big of a deal except to me. They invited me to read at their launch party and if I can control my nerves I will. I want people to come because I've never had a real chance to share what I do with my friends before.
4 - I've started painting my new bedroom: Perfect Plum. It's a really beautiful deep reddish purple. Romantic and mature. My mom is letting me repaint my childhood bedroom too but I want to go with something lighter there, like a mint. I'm trying to figure out what parts of my Athens room to merge into my new room and my room at home. I don't want to have childish things on my walls and most of my posters wouldn't look good with my new colors.
5 - I watch too much HGTV in Johns Creek and too much Netflix in Athens.
posted by Songs of Love at 1:10 AM |

0 Comments: