Monday, June 22, 2009
I want to get back to everything I've been missing, but at the same time, I want change. Badly.
This past year I've mentioned change over and over and over again. I changed for the worse, I got better. I wanted to feel involved, and then I wanted my space. I wanted to write about hope and then I got better instead. The journey isn't over. I've put some additions on the old book list and now I have around 250 to read. I don't have enough of a summer for all that. But it will be good to move along my book list. The Jane Austin Book Club inspired me. But alas, it's the same idea we've been tossing for the past two years. They read what another wrote years ago, we yearn to read what we've wrote, just ten minutes ago.

I've begun a summer mixtape trade thing with my coworkers at Bolton. The idea was birthed around Eat Smart and from there Jessica and I have nurtured it. So far there are just over 30 people participating. One girl asked me if I was on prom committee or student government in high school, and all I could do was give her the strangest look. I know where she was coming from, but she obviously does not see where I've come from. Maybe I'm misrepresented at work. I'm always as polite as I can be, I never really interject into big conversations, if I didn't develop a friend group I would have been doomed to be that quiet girl no one notices who gets stuck with jobs like dusting the plants. I think before the mixtape, I had no voice at Bolton.

Well anyway, if I can organize 30 people to exchange mixtapes I should be able to get 5 or 6 girls together to read poetry and short stories, right? And if I can read my writing to people with far greater talent than myself, I should be able to be my awkward caring self at work.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 4:35 AM |

0 Comments: