Sunday, February 6, 2011
I feel like watching HGTV officially makes me a cat lady, but I don't care. Mostly I love House Hunters International. I still want to move to Italy soooo badly. Tonight my dad even stopped, on his way to bed, and watched a whole episode because the couple was looking in Abruzzo, where my dad's family lives. Our family's town is Montenerodomo, which is in Chieti in Abruzzo. To put things in U.S. terms, the region of Abruzzo is kind of like a state and Chieti is a county in it. Dad just couldn't look away. I couldn't either. I am on the Don't-Vacation-Until-We-Own-A-Home-In-Italy bandwagon.

 The Italian government is trying to do a lot to convince people to move back to Italy and have all of these renovation plans for the empty/abandoned homes. Apparently you can buy a house at a contracted rate and then the contract company renovates and furnished your new Italian home. A house in a small town, a house in the country, I would be perfectly fine in either. There is something so different in their way of life and friendly attitude that is so refreshing. I felt like I was really living when I was in Italy. 

I would love to live with my sister until we could purchase some kind of family "vacation" home in Italy and then I could live there so we wouldn't have to hire anyone to tend to it while my parents are in America and I could find some job in the town and write something that could launch my writing career. First I need to learn Italian. I wonder if I could hire a friend to tutor me in it with old textbooks. Oh, Italy. For now I can simply dream of a day when Fitz and I can escape quarantine and enjoy an adorable little Italian home, near real authentic Roman ruins, filled with vases and vases of those red Italian poppies, learning to love coffee and filling notebooks with the history of my family. I would love to get to know my Italian family. I would love for them to teach me how to make a meal out of the limited ingredients found in the town. I'd probably have to go out of town to buy candy in bulk to appease my sweet tooth. I am embracing my age and my new life. My sister is letting me live in the room behind the garage on her first floor. My "nook" consists of a bedroom, attached full bath, decent closet, and a little hall that leads to the garage and the stairs to the 2nd floor (kitchen/living room/front porch/back deck). Living with my sister will make it easier to forget that I'm living in a room in someone else's house. She's really excited about me moving in and I can tell she's looking forward to my company. Today I took home a lot of paint swatches. My mom is letting me repaint my room at my house so I have two different color schemes I'm playing with. I really think I want a dark maroon, purple with red tones shade at Summer's place. But now I'm also between shades of green (sea-foam green, mint) and teal (bluegreen shades, my favorite) for my childhood bedroom. I think my mom wants me to go tame in my childhood bedroom but she also has recently confirmed they aren't moving out for a very long time. So I am living in the land of paint colors and a new comforter and picking out new pieces of furniture to create a mood and I feel like I'm finally acting my age. I kind of want to just take Janie shopping every week and get her opinion and channel her completely ADORABLE taste in my decorating. I'm thinking of even creating a mood board.
posted by Songs of Love at 1:24 AM |

0 Comments: