Thursday, July 7, 2011
My summer can be summarized by job searches and migraines. The migraines became very intense in June and pretty constant, to the point where pain would spike in the exact same location night after night, sometimes multiple times a day. I started taking two new pills with a laundry list of side effects, all my old favorites, and now that I have regulated these pills into my system, the side effects have settled in too. The most prominent are a loss in appetite, things taste different, loss of energy, and of course when you roll all of those up - depression. It makes sense that all of these side effects would stimulate a depression. It's probably a liability issue that they have to list depression as a side effect.

I had a CAT scan taken of my head today so hopefully that will bring answers. The whole procedure went by really fast. It was sort of like a dream with a man with an orange mustache. He explained the procedure to me, offered me his hand to jump up, and padded me with those protective body covers. He said it would take 3 minutes but it felt more 2 minutes. The machine hummed, he reappeared and gave me his hand to jump down and then I was walking out through a long array of hallways. It takes them 5 minutes to email the images to your doctor. The magic of science.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 9:17 PM |

0 Comments: