Thursday, February 1, 2018
This year I decided to keep my reading challenge at 50 books a year, which is "about" four books a month.  In January I read 5 books, and half of 2 books.  I thought for sure I would have finished Between the World and Me, but reading five pages takes an hour.  Anyone who can read this book in a day has no soul.

I was reading this section about poetry and the truth within it and I started reflecting on my own truths. I want to stay in the light.  I want to do good, or do better.  I don't have faith in my writing like I did when I was younger.  I don't really know how it could help others.  I can't stop thinking about my garden though, and composting, and bee keeping, and recycling even more.  It can be so easy to make something good in the world. I'm doing research for VSGreen to find a community garden that we can grow in and de-stress.  We had been looking at neighborhoods for convenience to where people live, but I think the office could really benefit from having it close to work.

This song, Your Loves Whore by Wolf Alice, came on while I was researching and it was kismet. Sure it's about a relationship and growing old,  but it made me think of doing what you love and choosing to be happy or choosing to do what makes you happy and focusing on the good.  You know, staying in the light.  If I keep building this life I love, then the light inside me won't fade.  My intense love for all the little things in my life can keep the light in my life.


The light won't flicker and the light won't fade, believe me
And it all looks better in the place we made believe

Labels: , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:56 PM |

0 Comments: